Wednesday, June 10, 2009

New apartment

On the 6th of June Sione, Kira and I moved into our new apartment. With the help of family we were able to do it pretty much in one trip.
It's been nice so far to have our own place. Kira sleeps till at least 7 every morning now. I can usually sleep longer than that and she doesn't whine and complain about it like she used to. That is very nice. We are getting our couches this week, actually tomorrow, so when we have the place set up a little bit more I will post some pictures!
The apartment is a one bedroom plus a den, so Kira sleeps there. The den doesn't have a door so we pretty much retreat to our bedroom around 7 or lately 8pm, after she goes to bed. We are working on a way to put some kind of sound barrier in the hole so we can be in the kitchen after and be able to hang out in the family room. We are thinking accordion doors or bi fold doors, we'll see what we can do. The accordion doors will have to be specially made because the dimensions are odd so that can be pricey, any suggestions?

2 comments:

Snow Family said...

I don't think accordion doors will keep much sound out! I still vote for a big piece of foam insulation. It's cheap!

Tawny said...

you could also hand some really heavy fabric on like a shower curtain or something, that would be cheaper...and it could look really cute. Dude, you need to change the color of either the backdrop to your blog or the color of the lettering. i cant read a thing! :)