On June 24th late in the evening we took off, packed into a 4runner with Stephanie and Karl, to our Snow family reunion in Toquerville, Utah. It took us almost 7 hours after having to stop a few times for potty breaks and to fill up gas in the car. We arrived around 2:30 in the morning. Most everyone slept in tents or tent trailers outside but me being pregnant, Sione, Kira and I had a room inside the nice cool house. When we first got there Kira was asleep and we put her down on the floor where I figured she would sleep the whole week.. That didn't happen, I guess when I left her there all by herself the cat or something came down to greet her and she freaked out. So that night till Sunday night she slept in the bed with me while Sione had to sleep on the floor. Poor guy! Lets just say he was happy to be back in his own bed Monday night. Kira was a great girl the whole Reunion, she might of had 2 fits and 1 time out.. I was very proud of her. She had a hard time wanting to go asleep, I think she was still scared of that animal. 2 of the nights she was up past midnight. Most people stayed up well into the night playing games and having a great time. There were games being played constantly all day long throughout the week. I cant remember if it was Friday or Saturday that we all went to Quail Lake and then Saturday night we had a nice mexican meal catered. The Lake was great, besides all the huge rocks every where. Kira loved the boat, she had a hard time with the wind when we were going really fast but other than that she had a great time. It was so fun to see a lot of cousins and spend time with family. A special thanks to the Hendricksons who sacrificed their house and yard for all of us to come together as a family. ( my pictures are downloading weird and I can't post under them, so sorry for no explanation)
Friday, July 2, 2010
Snow Family Reunion 2010
On June 24th late in the evening we took off, packed into a 4runner with Stephanie and Karl, to our Snow family reunion in Toquerville, Utah. It took us almost 7 hours after having to stop a few times for potty breaks and to fill up gas in the car. We arrived around 2:30 in the morning. Most everyone slept in tents or tent trailers outside but me being pregnant, Sione, Kira and I had a room inside the nice cool house. When we first got there Kira was asleep and we put her down on the floor where I figured she would sleep the whole week.. That didn't happen, I guess when I left her there all by herself the cat or something came down to greet her and she freaked out. So that night till Sunday night she slept in the bed with me while Sione had to sleep on the floor. Poor guy! Lets just say he was happy to be back in his own bed Monday night. Kira was a great girl the whole Reunion, she might of had 2 fits and 1 time out.. I was very proud of her. She had a hard time wanting to go asleep, I think she was still scared of that animal. 2 of the nights she was up past midnight. Most people stayed up well into the night playing games and having a great time. There were games being played constantly all day long throughout the week. I cant remember if it was Friday or Saturday that we all went to Quail Lake and then Saturday night we had a nice mexican meal catered. The Lake was great, besides all the huge rocks every where. Kira loved the boat, she had a hard time with the wind when we were going really fast but other than that she had a great time. It was so fun to see a lot of cousins and spend time with family. A special thanks to the Hendricksons who sacrificed their house and yard for all of us to come together as a family. ( my pictures are downloading weird and I can't post under them, so sorry for no explanation)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we're here in sf another 12 months (possibly 4 more years, though). i didn't know you guys live in mission viego! i bet that's a really fun area to live with a little one. :)
That actually sounds like a really fun reunion! Go kira for being so good! what nice parents to let her sleep in their bed...nicer then me! :) I love you~!! remeber how i'm coming down next week?!
Post a Comment